Update: Oslo, Norway Attack
By: Caitlin Nicholas
Earlier on Friday, a homegrown terrorist set off a deadly car bomb in Oslo that killed seven before heading to a summer camp for youth. He arrived dressed as a police officer. There he shot and killed over 80 people (death toll still rising). According to The Blaze the suspect has been arrested. His name has not offfically been released, but Norweigan broadcaster NRK identified him as 32 year old Anders Behring Breivik. Officials say he acted alone and is not linked to any terrorist organizations. Officers in Norway have agreed that this is probably the most devastating attack on Norway since World War ll.
A 15 year old camper named Elise said she heard gun shots and saw a police officer, so she thought she was safe. She wasn’t. That police officer was the gunman. She said he started shooting people on the island and in the water. She hid behind the rock that that gunman was standing on until he stopped, “I could hear his breathing from the top of the rock”, she said.
According to Norweigian authorities this terrorist was not working with any outside terror organizations, this was just a madman that decided to go out and kill. Continue to pray for those lost and their families. We will update accordingly.
In addition to this, the number of people who lost their lives has been upped to 92, at this time. Please see this link for further information.